At the Fabre Psychology Clinic, we offer a dynamic and stimulating supervision environment. Numerous collaborations with different practice settings allow us to offer doctoral students and interns varied and rewarding clinical opportunities.
Several modalities of supervision are possible:
– Supervising doctoral students in the process of obtaining a permit,
– Internship programme for equivalency applicants,
– Internship programme for candidates finishing their doctorate.
Currently, supervision is offered by Dr. Phillip Thérien, D.Ps., a member of the Order of Psychologists of Quebec since 2013 and holding a doctorate in Psychology from the Université de Montréal since 2012. Dr. Thérien is a supervisor accredited by the Order of Psychologists of Quebec and the Fabre Psychology Clinic is an internship accredited by UQÀM since 2020.
The supervision of candidates is based mainly on an integrative approach, combining mainly EFT (Emotion Focused Therapy) and the humanist/existential approach. More specifically, we focus our work on interpersonal relationships and the emotional experience of the individual, which we believe is the main lever for change.
Requirements to do an internship at the Fabre Psychology Clinic:
- Knowledge of the humanist/existential model
- Experience as a psychotherapist is appreciated
- An interest in psychopathology, and more specifically severe mental health disorders would be an asset.
For more information, please contact Phillip Thérien at firstname.lastname@example.org or 514-608-1718.